Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dutch Oven Magic / Just Another Day In Paradise

Lee and I are preparing to be a Ma & Pa for stake youth conference this week, so we decided to do another dutch oven "practice" today before the big event (this is our second one) just to make sure we know what we're doing. Em and Paul stopped over after church (handy when it's only a block away, and Ryan was out of town so Jen was looking for something to do. We had chicken stew and peach cobbler. I was a little too preoccupied to take any pictures during the actual cooking, but afterwards some of us decided to go for a walk. Here's Paigey and Braden - aren't they cute?
Bailee and Gracie had their own little spot to throw rocks from along the river.
Braden, Jen, Tanner and Paige
As soon as we got home Lee took to the grass . . . and the picture tells the rest :). Nope, those don't LOOK like tap dance shoes, but they can be deceiving sometimes.
What kind of walk is complete without bringing some wild flowers home for the Mama? It truly felt like a "day in paradise" :). I'm so thankful to have my family close enough that we can do things like that.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I capital "L" LOVE fun relaxing family sundays! I always feel ready to take on another week when I don't leave church feeling like I want to hit someone with my truck! It looks like you had nice weather too...such a treat these days you know!

The Gardners said...

Oh yeah, I'm sooo glad everyone lives close too . . .oh wait!

PS, I love paige's nice, beautiful little church outfit with her cool frog boots. Classic!

Jen said...

How did you get a picture of Braden looking at you? I can never do that.

Kate said...

You have such a fun and fantastic family. Great job raising them all.