Monday, April 13, 2009

Tanner's Birthday Shopping Trip (a little late)

Mr. Tanner and I had a date today to go shopping for his birthday gifts. We invited Mom to come along for re enforcements . . . just in case :). He was SO excited to go shopping with me that this is the way I found him when I went to pick him up "). Actually Braden goes to afternoon preschool so we waited until his bus came to get him to leave. I guess Tanner was a little "bushed" from Easter yesterday.
If you look close you can see that he has a tie on for the big event! He did look quite stunishing if I DO say so myself.
Here we are after waking him up - right before heading out to shop (Mom encouraged him to lose the tie). The main item that he kept talking about was a "Thomas backpack", so that was the first thing we put in our Tarche' cart :).
He also wanted a "drink" so this is what he ended up with. I got a demonstration, compliments of Jen, on how to properly fill the icee cup - I've lived a sheltered life I guess "~
. . . with the "goods" - lots of noisy cars/trucks!
At home with the "goods". there was another little airplane but he had put it in his Thomas backpack of course. It was a fun occasion.

2 comments:

The Gardners said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love his tie and his little smashed hat ears.

Jen said...

That backpack already has about 10,000 miles on it. We had to take it (stuffed with the new goods) to ballet class and the other errands we ran last night. Oh, and he got into the chapstick and decided that Thomas had chapped lips as well. It looked pristine for about 1 hour.