Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference and Billy's Birthday

Today we got to stay home and watch General Conference on TV. It's always a good excuse to get the family together for that occasion. We have good food and good fun. We took this opportunity to celebrate Billy's birthday while we were all together. Here is Tyson - "bushed" after frolicking in the back yard on a nice day.
Tanner showed up today in his cool soccer uniform which, according to his Mother, he wears constantly. He looked PRETTY darn cute in it.
A big hug for Grandpa!
Billy the birthday boy with his "goods"

A real golf towel from Em, Paul and co.
A cute candy poster from Jen, Ryan and co., and fruit snacks and cash to support Billy's eBay habit from us.
Notice that ONE candle still burning . . . DARN IT!!
Then after the festivities (The Stokes had to go home), we went for a good ole conference walk. It was simply BE -UUUU-TIFUL weather today! Some did a little toe dippin',

. . . and baby dippin' :). Kaisa and Billy's dog, Lucy, went along too. She hated Tyson, or something about him. Catch the videos below to see the live action - it was pretty funny - maybe you had to BE there. I think it was annoying to Kaisa, but it kills me how Lucy chooses someone and does her patented hound dog howl. Last time they were here Lucy chose Chad's girlfriend, and she didn't taunt her at all, so even though Tyson DID, it was his turn today apparently.
. . . and a nice "random" pose from our VERY shy son
Summer took a little "sip" of river water and had a little residue on her lips afterwards

Down where I used to take the kids swimming in the Tolt River, when they were younger, there is a TON of debris from our last big flood. Here is just a sampling.


The debris goes very far down (what used to be) the road


All in all it was a very fun day. I have much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Calley said...

Well, let's all take a guess at what picture I HATE! You need to teach your husband how to take multiple pictures. That aside, it was SUCH a fun/gorgeous day today, and thanks for having us over. And thanks for not disappointing with your real-time blogging :)

The Gardners said...

I love how white trash I look with my skull and crossbones shirt and red monkey pj pants.

And I don't get annoyed with Lucy's barking, I just like to keep it under control. It's all about having control, right?