Sunday, June 7, 2009

Duvall 10K Fun (?) Run and Mother's Day Pedicure

I decided to take part in the "Valley Cup" this year where you run in the 3 valley fun runs; Duvall (June 6th), Fall City (June 20th) and Carnation (July 4th). Duvall's fun run was yesterday - they offered a flat fast 5K or a "challenging" VERY HILLY 10K, so I took the challenge and ran the 10K . . . and it was INDEED very hilly!! A special thanks to Emilee and co. for being my personal cheerleaders; they witnessed me gasping for air as I crested the hill by their house, and then again going down the final hill.
(I thought my bib # was a bit ironic given the fact that my husband is in the FD business and all). ")
I was 2nd place in my age group . . . which isn't bad . . . until you know that there was only 2 women in my age group (50 - 59) - ha ha! Seriously - however I'm giving myself a bit of a pass as I haven't been running many hills lately. I'll do another 10K in a couple of weeks and I believe it's fairly flat so we'll see if my time improves. I ran a 62:40 10K with hills. I was hoping to break 60 minutes, which normally isn't difficult, but in realizing how many hills there were I'm okay with my time. I was 110th place over all out of 132 (men and women combined), with 33:19 being the best time, down to 79:30. There were 61 female runners all together and I was 44th . . . but you know "I'm 50 - 50 years old!!", and that included runners from age 14 up. At least I wasn't last right?
Kaisa and Billy gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure for Mother's Day, so I cashed it in on Thursday - it was Heaven. Now my fat little toes look a lot nicer - thanks guys :).
So that's what has been going on in MY neck of the woods - how 'bout you????

2 comments:

Jen said...

I thought your toes looked expecially fabulous on Thursday. And I think you did great on your run. I would rather die than run a 10k, hills or not.

Grandma Grady said...

Good job Bobby!!!!!!!!!!!