Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our Conference Sunday and Walk

We had our general conference today for church which means that we got to watch it from home - this only happens twice a year. It has become a sort of "celebration" type of thing where we get together as an extended family, listen to inspiring and uplifting messages from our church leaders, enjoy each others company, eat great food, and go for a walk . . .
"down by the river" ")
We stopped at the new park in Swiftwater on the way. Emilee took Nellie driving in the new (to us) truck so she could practice/perfect her shifting skills, so they're not in the pictures.

Tyson LOVES to snatch my "RC Winter" coat (which I received for helping Pat Grady coach a girls fast pitch team when Emilee was in 5th grade) from the closet for occasions like this.
This is Tyson looking at an innocent grasshopper that he's asking us if we all think he's crazy enough to EAT!! See the video below

The Remlinger Farms train was a highlight for the boys - we didn't ride it but saw it go by several times during our walk. We waved at the people on the train and a lot of them waved back.

Us making big eyes like the picture of the mouse a few posts ago
Braden and Ryan waving from the end of the log (that was pretty high off the ground)
Braden being brave and then deciding that m a y b e he wasn't so brave after all, but didn't trust Grandpa enough to jump to him

proof on the tongue that Tyson really IS CRAZY!!!
gRoSs!!!

4 comments:

Calley said...

It really was a great conference. My pumpkin bread was a bust, but I did learn how to shift to first gear, so I think I broke even. Tyson ate that grasshopper, but now is loving all the buzz he's generated (now people know how crazy I am, etc.), so I guess he broke even too :) As always, thanks for having all of us.

Jen said...

Tyson broke even with what? I'm still grossed out.
AND
"I think I'm scared".

cindy said...

Calley told me about the grasshopper, ewww. Nevertheless, you guys always have so much fun together.

Megan said...

Gotta love the RC Winter jacket! haha I can't believe you still have that!