Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Pumpkin Carving Family Home Evening 2009

The messy process
S P O O K Y !
Here we are trying to pose like our pumpkins. I'm trying to look like "Besider Spider".

This pumpkin grew in between the retaining wall blocks in our garden and we didn't even know it was there until he was already very mis-shapen. Lee decided right then and there that this was the pumpkin for him. This is a Lee Soptich original design

Nellie's pumpkin; "a wink and a smile"

Out on the front porch - mine is already going soft so I had to take several pictures because it won't last until Saturday.
We had delicious black cat cookies (that I obviously slaved over all day) along with orange sherbet for our Halloween Family Home Evening refreshments - YUM!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Dad and his pumpkin look amazingling alike! Nice job.

Emilee & Paul said...

Like Jen, I was going to say, Dad wins the award for the look alike photo!

Calley said...

Yep, Lee made it to our computer wallpaper. Spectacular!

Kate said...

Where did you find such a huge pumpkin? They look great.