
Scott (AKA
Turtlesaurous) turned 23 today. His birthday dinner consisted of the same thing it has for the last several years;
Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and gravy . . . and "Jesus rolls" of course :)

He only got one gift tonight because we'll celebrate
all the March birthdays later in the month, but tonight it was just Scott, Sarah, Chad, Nellie and Lee and I, so this is what he got.

Years ago when I was making the girls their rag quilts, Scott had asked me when I was going to make one for him, so I decided to do it for his birthday this year. I chose fabrics that had to do with dogs since that seems to be a big part of his life, and added a bit of this and that (some of the plaid is from old Christmas
PJs - hopefully for good memories).

While he was here he got a phone call from Emilee's family singing happy birthday to him. He also had messages from the other kids' family's

Here he is with his motocross cake (Family Fun idea). I thought it fit him perfectly. The toy dirt bike even makes noise and the rider has a
removable helmet and all!!

We later decided it wasn't as much of a challenge just to blow out 2 candles, so we added the rest on the "trail" of his cake


Happy Birthday Scott - our life would
definitely not be the same without you. We love you and are
SO glad you're part of our family!
2 comments:
Awww, he even thought about how long it took to make. You gotta know that means HE LOVES IT!
Happy Birthday Scottie Boy!! What an awesome celebration! That cake and the quilt are PRICELESS!! I measure our "friendship years" by Scott's age......we've known each other 23 plus years now! WOW! Who's getting old????
Post a Comment