Friday, May 16, 2008

snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef - last post about Australia, I PROMISE!

This was our boat that we went out snorkeling in - Sunlover Cruises. We had @ a 2 hour ride out to the reef where they had a platform with picnic tables and all the snorkeling equipment on it, complete with a glass bottom boat and a semi submergible boat that we got to go out on while we were out there. A lot of people were getting sick on the way out - I felt bad for them but couldn't look at them or I was afraid that I'd be right there with them. They kept sending the nauseated people back where we were, so they could "get some fresh air." I didn't notice anyone getting sick on the way back, so that's good.
On the left is the platform with the tables (they served us lunch out there - it was delicious) and snorkeling supplies. It was SO much fun. Isn't that THE bluest water you've ever seen in your life? It really looked like that - even when you were IN it. They also had a helicopter pad out there for the "rich and famous" . . . we didn't go on that :)
I'm "guessing" that's Me (adjusting my mouthpiece) and Tammie. We got to see a huge sea turtle and even gave it a little "pat". Tammie bought a picture that an underwater photographer took of her and the turtle. He took one of me too, but I didn't buy it - I SHOULD have, but oh well - it wasn't my best look, if you know what I mean and I have ENOUGH of those pictures :)
beautiful, clear, blue water with beautiful fish to match. What a glorious day!! This was our last full day of fun in Australia - what a way to end it. I'd recommend it to everyone. G'day Mate ;)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Fun memories. Someday I will have to make some of those Aussie memories myself.

Kate said...

I am so jealous! I would love to go home and be able to swim and do all that fun stuff! too bad you didn't have enough time to go see the really good side of Australia (lol). Glad you had fun though!

The Gardners said...

Alright, I'll allow you to send me and Billy to Australia for Christmas . . . GEEZ!

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing all your Australia picts. I still haven't seen any of mom's pictures yet. What a trip! One day I want to go, but without flying forever.

Calley said...

Sigh...it looks beautiful. We could always do our girls weekend there you know.