You see, poor Miss Abby had sort of a rough afternoon; she was cute - played with, and entertained, Grandma for a bit and then took a nap like her Mom said she would. Calley also said she would wake up half way through her 3 hour nap for a bottle and go right back to sleep. Well . . . the second part didn't exactly go like that - I think she was having some tummy problems. Anyway, she was sad. Then things seemed to go a little bit crazy! The phone rang (it was Aunt Kaisa), and Travis was in and out, banging on things upstairs. Then Nellie came home and it was time to rush her to the foot Dr., so we loaded up "The Soptich Chick's" and headed out. After paying the co-pay for the Dr. visit, I went back out to the suburban and entertained the "chicks" (I found some paper and a pen for Summer to color with) while Nellie had her foot worked on. On the way back from the Dr., and on the way to Nellie's basketball game, Abby was sad again. Nellie was finally able to get her to sleep. I decided then that the basketball game probably wasn't the best choice for me and the "chick's" so we went home. I first put the sleeping Abby, still strapped into her car seat, on top of the dryer so she could have some quality sleepy time while I fixed dinner, and not be interrupted, but then Chad told me that Travis, who is remodeling our bathroom, had been in and out of there all afternoon, so I moved her to the living room couch, propped up/camouflaged with pillows. Summer was happily coloring up to the bar so all was well . . . or so I THOUGHT. Pretty soon I heard Abby cry and thought "what??" She had been SOUND asleep, so it seemed odd that she was already awake. I picked her up and saw pen marks on her face that weren't there only moments before. Now I may be old, but I've got some L O N G years of experience with kids, so I quickly put 2 and 2 together and asked Summer if she colored on Abby . . . at least she was honest :)
A little mark by her ear . . .
2 marks up in her hair on the left, and the A shaped design on the right. Anyway, I thought it was funny so I thought I'd share it :). I got the "chick's" all bathed and shined up tonight so I had to take the pictures before the evidence was gone :). Abby LOVED her bath and so did Summer. We've had a lot of fun - "art" and all! I love my Grandgirls ")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh... My... Goodness! And I thought kaden was a piece of work!
Maybe Summer was just trying to give her a makeover.
Post a Comment