Things have been going quite well during this last (almost) week, having the grand kids and all . . . but the other night (Monday I think) after TRYING to have an FHE, even with brownies and ice cream, I was struggling to get the little "cherubs" to settle down, so the mean Mom in me reared her ugly head and ended up calling an early bed time. The rules were:
1) you can take a book to bed to read/look at
2) you can have your light on
3) no talking or getting out of bed
It got VERY quiet, and after about 15-20 minutes both boys were asleep and Gracie was on her way as well - Hmmmm just MAYBE they were all tired!? ANYWAY, the last couple of nights we HAVEN'T gone to bed early. We've played this crazy made up game up in the play room - sort of a dodge ball type of (made up) game where we take their little basketballs and a soft little football and toss . . . okay THROW it to/at each other, except you're not out if you get hit - it's just your turn to throw it at someone else "). It's a perfect game for Braden and Tanner, but even Gracie joined in and was having a good time (protected by the pillow fort she had made, of course. You see there was apparently an unfortunate accident at school this week, and she's PRETTY sure that she sprained her ankle - is she her Mother's daughter or WHAT?). She said to me tonight, "this is fun . . . is it fun for you too, Grandma?" It was SOOOOOOO much fun!! I hope they remember our crazy game nights, roasting marshmallows, going for walks, playing with cousins, and NOT the night that their mean Grandma sent them to bed early :) I LOVE my grand kids!
THE END



3 comments:
I'm glad that things are going better. It sounds like you've created a fun game. Thanks again for taking this on.
You're such a good Grandma!
what a fun Grandma you are! And don't worry, I only remember the times that grandma almost wet her pants laughing so hard because we were having so much fun playing cards, and not the time she pushed and pulled and hurt my neck because Em stole my cabbage patch kid towel and I pushed her...;)
Post a Comment