Saturday, May 30, 2009

"It's a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood . . . "

Lee humored me this morning and joined me on a scenic bike ride. It was such a beautiful day so I grabbed the camera and thought I'd share a few sights from the big town of Carnation. Lee wouldn't pose so I got his best side :)
What would Carnation be without cows?
A cute little farm
Snoqualmie River




Years and years ago this was a school house - see the bell on top?

We caught this guy in action cutting silage
a little chicken house/coop

A MARSHMALLOW FARM (at least that's what Lee used to tell the kids)!!! It's actually hay wrapped in white plastic to keep it dry.
an old wagon
some fishermen
. . . and a happy bike rider :)

. . . . and then we had to go home . . .
and do more weeding and spreading of topsoil/mulch :)
I'll be glad when that pile is gone :)

I hope you had a nice day in the sunshine as well :)

4 comments:

Calley said...

What a scrumptious little bike ride :)

Sarah said...

what a gorgeous day for a bike ride! The other day we were driving to Mount Vernon and I pointed out some "marshmallows" to my kiddos. Parker wasn't buyin it. But Kaden thought that was pretty cool - he's a lot like his mom...we like food! Your flower beds look great too!

Jen said...

I love the Kamp Korey sign. LOVE it. And those pictures make me miss Carnation. Maybe I should pack up my boys and take the same ride sometime soon...

Sarah said...

Thanks so much Aunt Car cakes! I took Jen up on her offer, but I really appreciate you always being so willing to let us crash with you! I have never seen Jen's house either so that will be fun!