Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I can't believe we did the W H O L E (front) yard!!

Late last Wednesday, we had 10 yards of black organic mulch delivered. Now mind you, I can't put down that expensive soil on top of weeds and moss - which we seem to have a plethora of around this neck of the woods, which meant not only spreading the soil, but weeding first - THOROUGHLY!! I had to leave Thursday at noon and wouldn't be home until @ 7:30 PM, and then we were leaving Friday to go camping and I still had to get ready for that . . . but, we busted our rears, got in gear, and got quite a bit done before leaving for our trip. Then after cleaning up the trailer, doing laundry, going to a couple of appointments and such, the job continued Tuesday AND Wednesday, but I am VERY happy to report that, at least for 2 seconds, the front yard is done!! Sorry, but this feels like a HUGE accomplishment to me so I had to share it. We've still got a long way to go on our yard, but it feels good to have at least this much done for now. I know it won't last so I had to snap some pictures - you know: "take a picture it will last longer" :)








6 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks fantastic! Do you want to come to my house next?

Sarah said...

It's gorgeous! I still just heart your house too. It has always felt so warm to me :) And it looks like you had a rip roarin' good time on your camping trip - too fun!

Jen said...

Nice job. I began weeding my backyard yesterday and I still have a ways to go. Ewww.

The Gardners said...

Black organic mulch huh? I think that's just what the dr. ordered for our yard too. Now if I could just find someone to pay for it . . . hmmm!

Calley said...

Love it! Love it in person too. Want to come over and do our yard??! ;)

Craig and Stephanie said...

We were in the Carnation and drove by last weekend. Craig wanted to see the houses I grew up in. Your yard looks great!

Hope you and Lee are doing well!