Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Adventures of Birthday shopping with Bailee

For Bailee's (7th) birthday this year we went on a shopping trip and she got to choose her own gifts. I had done this with Gracie back in July, but forgot my camera (sorry Gracie). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. This is Bailee right before we went into Alderwood Mall . . . through Nordstrom . . . and before she threw up all over the nice and shiney tile floor!!! When I asked her why she didn't tell me that her stomach hurt, she said "cuz I REALLY wanted to go shopping". I asked her if she wanted to go home and shop another time, but she wanted to continue with our shopping plans, so we did. I have to admit, I was a little "gunshy" the rest of the trip, but we did okay ;).
She chose this cute little cat (quite rockstar-ish you know) from Build a Bear, that she named Miley Cyrus, a bed for her, her sparkly top, jeans skirt, and her baby, and Dad lion figures. She chose a large RED slurpie for her treat. I had visions of that all over her new cute PINK cat, but thank heavens she was feeling a lot better by then - WHEW!! All of this gave me a flashback of taking my little sister, Tammie, to the Selah Variety store to buy candy when we were younger - she did the same thing!! I was mortified - soooooo being the mature 10-11 year old that I was, I just told her to pay for her candy and we left the "mess" for someone ELSE to clean up. Ahh, "memories" ")

Paige was VERY sad when we left, so we brought her back a candy necklace that we found while we were shopping.
Emilee's profile these days :)

No comments: