Sunday, August 17, 2008

Larry and Marilyn celebrate 50 years!!

Lee's Uncle Larry & Aunt Marilyn celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last night. Here's the happy little couple all decked out in their Hawaiian apparel (they met in Hawaii)! I learned last night at their party that they only knew each other for 2 weeks when Larry "popped the question", AND that Grandpa and Grandma Smith didn't even MEET Marilyn until after they were already married!! WOW! In listening to all the stories and memories I also learned that Larry was/is quite the Casanova. He presented his wife with a beautiful anniversary ring last night, and said that "she's as beautiful today as she was 50 years ago" . . . what a guy "). They also had la is (this is how spellcheck said to spell it) flown in for the dance portion of the evening (see pictures below) - sort of a "snowball" thing. All in all it was a very fun celebration with great attention paid to every detail.
Here's a (little bit blurry) picture of their wonderful family. I had a better shot, but Wendy's eyes were closed so I chose to use this one. What a good looking group!
Norma and her "baby brother"
Robin and Tyler dancing the night away! In watching them dance, I commented to Lee that "Robin has a little spring in her step" (I guess I hadn't ever seen Robin dance before) - to which he reminded me that she's from Texas - of COURSE - how silly of me to forget :)
So here's the Texan dancing with a special cowboy.And of course Mark HAD to be naughty!! Shame on him - and with his SISTER too!! Not to worry though, he was seen doing this to several women over the course of the night.
It became his "trademark" move . . . whatever works I guess :).
CONGRATS Larry and Marilyn and thanks for including us in your fun celebration.

No comments: