The Smith (Soptich) Family Reunion was held at Ocean City State Park this year. Even though we didn't have the best weather, it was still beautiful (the ocean always is) and lots of fun.
Here's Emily after getting a "chocolate kiss" . . . from Braden I think - ya gotta love those s'mores ;)
Paige with her baby on the beach
Paige after getting caught in the rain - boy does the weather change fast at the ocean!
Bailee trying to show me how loose her tooth was - it was practically dangling by a thread. We tried to convince her to pull it out to see if the tooth fairy would come while she was camping, but she wasn't motivated enough I guess.
Uncle Kyle with niece, Rylin, making her CRAZY eyes!
Walking down for a little "stroll" on the beach. The kids (Rylin and Asher) hold hands, as well as the Dad's (Dustin and Mike). No worries though - the Dad's did it just for the picture :)
Mr. Asher with Kaden in the background
Dustin and Mike have been competing in triathalons (sprints) lately, so Dustin thought it would be fun to ride bikes and then run on the beach, so we did. I had run for an hour plus the day before on the beach by myself and felt great, but by night I couldn't figure out why my bottom cheek muscles were sore . . . yup, I think it was the sand - it'll get cha every time ;). I guess I should run on sand more often - maybe it would help to tone the buns. Anyway, Mike and Dustin were on their cool, expensive road bikes and I was pedaling my heart out (hearing the tune of the wicked witch from "The Wizard of Oz" playing in my head) on my VERY old, kicked and punched mountain bike, with one working brake, that simply could NOT go as fast, so by the time we ran on the beach, and given the fact that I'm 20 - 25 years older than they are . . . I sort of held them back I think - but it's all good because they needed to feel like stud muffins - right :) ? We all need those positive strokes every once in a while . . . this time it just wasn't MY turn :).
This shot of Connie and Mark (Kyle and Crystal in the background) was taken right after we jumped the waves in the F R E E Z I N G cold water!!! BRRRR!
It was one of my most favorite events of the whole reunion. Dustin, Kyle & Amanda, Connie & Mark, and I braved the frigid water, and had a great time!! I simply could NOT leave the ocean without doing this VERY important activity, so I was grateful for willing participants :). I'm SO thankful to have parents that took us, as kids, camping at the ocean on a regular basis, and for the wonderful childhood memories that I have of fun times like these - Thanks Mom and Dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment