
So yesterday I hear my dear daughter-in-law talking about her 10 mile "long run" and was inspired, so with today being such a nice day, I decided to go for 10 myself. I have been having some feet problems lately where after about 5/6 miles, my foot starts to BURN like crazy, making it very difficult to continue, so I haven't gone farther than 7-8 miles at a time for a while. My podiatrist tells me I've got a neuroma (like a pinched nerve). Well, of course it started acting up, but I was determined so I pushed forth. I ended up running - well, let's be honest - jogging 10.6 miles and then I walked another 1.3, and let me tell YOU . . these dogs were barkin' up a storm!! I've run 22 miles before and not felt THIS bad, so maybe I'll call the foot Dr. tomorrow and see if I can take him up on his offer of some cortisone shots in these puppies :). I must be getting old or something - huh? YIKES!! My niece, nephew, daughter in law, and maybe my daughter, are running in the Seattle Rock and Roll marathon June 28, and so I thought it would be fun to participate myself, in celebration of my 50th year, so I could cross it off my "bucket list", but unless these cortisone shots do wonders for my feet, I think I may be cheerleader for the others instead :).



2 comments:
I may have to be a cheerleader myself if things do change soon. Went to the doc today and it turns out I have some blown discs in my lower back...awesome. So no running for me right now and PT,ice,ibuprofen and massage therapy! two steps forward and one step back I guess....and good for you ... 12 miles??? I will borrow a line from Donna J "I could no sooner do that than fly!" good job bobby!
oh I forgot to tell you too, my friend mimi is this crazy exercise lady, she used to teach kickboxing classes and she is just amazing but the last year she has had major foot problems and she finally saw this Doc, I don't know if it's the same thing but you can read about what her doc said on her blog. she is on my list under mimi and jeremy.
Post a Comment