
We had our
Axtell Reunion in Oregon this year. It wasn't as well attended as in years past, probably because of the distance, but it was so much fun!! Here's Nellie jumping off our favorite rock in the river. It was really deep out there so you didn't have to worry about hurting yourself on the rocks. It was a good workout because you had to swim against the current just to get to the rock, then climb up, and THEN do your tricks :). Lee spent his time hunting for salamanders/lizards with the kids.

Here's Uncle Mark with Tanner down at the river.

Grandma Barrett with Melody and co.

Crystal, Haven and Mark

Nellie the Mermaid
Kaisa and Billy with their "lap dog"/daughter, Lucy - she was actually giving Billy a little dog smooch!

This picture is out of order but I don't have the time to start over :). Nellie and Tanner.


Part of our games; you were to blow a balloon through a straw down to the finish line, pick it up and run back so the next person could go - it was hard so lots of people started cheating!!

Addison, Chad, Abby and Calley

After the games with the "loot" (candy)

Heidi, Uncle Danny (always a hoot), Grandma Barrett, Ryan (Heidi's husband) and Grandpa Barrett

Nellie, Billy, Lee and Abby.

Nellie putting a salamander on Billy's bald head -
ew yuck!!

A little kiss for the lizard "~ . . . who knows - maybe he'll turn into a handsome prince!


Jacob

Calley and Abby


Crystal on inner tube and Harry with dog, Nana, complete with her little dog life jacket on. Melody, who was in charge this year, reinvented the family talent show as part of the festivities, so after the potluck, we were favored with several very cute and entertaining acts. I didn't have my camera for that part of things but see Jen's blog for pictures of that. One of my favorite parts of the talent show was watching my Dad play his guitar and lead the great
grand kids in an old favorite; "Truthful Bill" (chorus: I'm a truthful fellow. My name is Truthful Bill. I never told a false one and I bet I never will). We sang that all the time when I was growing up so it was fun to sing it again.
From
our family,
Bailee performed some fancy
jump roping, and Jen's family did their rendition of "I Like To Move It, Move It" from Madagascar - complete with Tanner on his drum set, Braden on the guitar (both wearing sunglasses), Jen and Gracie dancing and Ryan being the lead singer/voice to the group :). Summer lead the entire reunion group in "If You're Happy And You Know It". They all did a great job - it was a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Seriously, I thought that was you jumping into the water, until I started reading and found out it was Nellie. How fun to be mistaken for your 16 year old daughter!!
Post a Comment