Sunday, March 15, 2009

"It's My Party" - How To Host A Murder . . . or 3!

So my great kids and husband threw me a 50th birthday party this last weekend. As you can see in the following pictures, it was a LOT of fun. It was supposed to be a class reunion for the graduating class of 1957 - even though I wasn't even BORN until 1959 . . . details :) ! So we started off with take out food from XXX, and rootbeer (or rather diet caffeine free coke) floats - DE-lish!
Here's Tyson and Emilee posing for a shot. Emilee wanted to make sure I caught the "bling" on her skirt. I tried to get a picture of everyone but now realized that I missed Aunt Debbie - sorry. I was doing well to TRY and keep up with things "~
What "hams" . . . I wonder where they get THAT from?
Pat and Sunne - not quite sure how to describe her expression here. Maybe Pat has that effect on her . . . or MAYBE it's because she's trying to cover up the fact that she was responsible for the town mall being torched a couple nights earlier!!
Debbie and Mike. Debbie hated me at this reunion and I don't think I appreciated that. She WAS a fluzy in High School you know, and all I did was share that information with others. What's a girl to do? At least I apologized to her!!
Aunt Connie and Uncle Danny. Aunt Connie was awarded the "best actress" for the night. She wasn't very nice to me EITHER!! Apparently she felt the need to "distance herself from me". Some people!!
A little SMOOCH for Paul
Chad and Emily - they were some of the "smart" ones that figured things out right
Tyson and Cal-cakes - Calley was awarded the "best costume" for the evening (with Emilee's assistance in finding her a skirt). Gotta love those glasses. Doesn't she look stunnishing?
The group in action


Em was the game hostess and did a fabulous job
Nellie and Grandma Barrett. Grandma was a fortune teller/palm reader lady (that's why she's got her cool owl necklace on - it helps with the "vibes") and Nellie was Nick, I believe - she's the one who bonked me on the head with the brick filled purse.

Sally and Tom

Of course throughout the evening there were murders: this poor young guy was killed with a nail file. Lee (Johnny) was killed with a hammer, and I (Jenny) was killed with a brick filled purse!! YEEOUCH!!
Ryan and Jen - gotta love Ryan's hair!
We had a very good time. I was a cheerleader/Prom Queen, and realized that pretty much nobody liked me. It sounds silly, but I'm glad that I have friends in real life :).
I'm very grateful for all of the time, effort and energy that went in to making this party possible. . . and Jen (and ?) made me my very own birthday DVD, which I was REALLY hoping I'd get :). I'm very blessed . . . even though I have to be 50 ") - The End

3 comments:

Sarah said...

yay for fun parties! I heart the costumes, calley's glasses are classic, and I almost vomited when I saw Rycakes hair. the end! Yay for 50! 50 and FABULOUS! (I'm kicking my leg really high right now too!)

Crystal said...

Ooh I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at your big bash. Happy 50th!

Jen said...

Happy 50th. Too bad you don't look more like Molly Shannon. Then we could really have some leg kickin...