Sunday, August 9, 2009

2009 Smith (Soptich) Family Reunion @ Lake Easton State Park

Lee's family reunion was at Lake Easton State Park this year - nice and close :). We had a great time with family. Here's Lee with Parker's help, fixing the kickstand on his bike.
These are the kids that Lee, Mark and I took on a big bike ride Thursday - Kaden, Asher, Halle, Haven and Parker - we were quite a group!
Haven, Aunt Becky, Halle, and Owen and Trace.
Lee filling the kids' heads with serious nonsense!
Braden and Tanner all decked out for paint balling.
Jen looking fierce
Linda, Nellie, Tanner and Braden
("~ Looks like I forgot to rotate this one) - guess who's walking all over the place?
Abby and Calley weren't feeling well so Tyson brought Summer to the reunion by himself. Jen gave Summer a beautiful "do" on Saturday.
Of course there was paint balling - 3 different trips!! Here's the crazy group shot (minus Billy who was finishing up his pancakes).
Ciera, Kendall and Addison
While the guys (and a few gals) were paint balling, we entertained the kids with barbies, dance parties, singing (videos below), and bubbles.

Lee cleaning his guns after the big war games.
Below: Emily was cold and tired after paint balling so we awarded her the "Queen Bee chair" along with a nice warm blanket.
Then Chad decided it would be relaxing to read by a fire, so he did . . . for a while, until he could no longer resist the temptation to snooze right along with Druschba :)
Lee and Braden catching up on some ads before the big family potluck.
Below are shots of loved ones during the potluck.
Connie and Mark with Grandson Asher
Kyle and Amanda
Billy and Kaisa
Amy, Ricky and twin; Owen or Trace
Luke, Lisa and Lindsey
Robin and AlexThomas and Sarah
Nick, Melinda and Meghan
Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Larry
dishing up - YUM!!
There is always lots of wonderful food!!
Cute grand kids all dished up at the family potluck.
Below: Karisa, twin; Owen or Trace, and Grandma Becky.
Debbie and Rick
Uncle Don and Aunt Darlene
Jen and Ryan



Grandma Soptich/DeGraw was VERY cold, so Uncle Eric bundled her all up :)
After the potluck, we had a pinata. Here's Karisa swinging away.
Summer swinging at the pinata
Jen with Lou Smith, who was her 2nd grade teacher at John Campbell Elementary School, in Selah, WA.
Emily and Emilee
Rylin fixing her Grandma's hair. Connie is holding Kendall.
Sometimes camping is sooooo exhausting!!


Sorry to post so many pictures and videos but it's always so much fun that I just can't help it :).
We had a GREAT time!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Sheesh, you are way too on top of things! j/k It was a great reunion and I think you did a fabulous job capturing a lot of fun memories!

Grandma Grady said...

Nice pics! I love seeing the growing families.....You need to share the photographer duties so YOU get in more of the pictures!

Calley said...

Real time! And I'm so glad you took a million pictures. Contrary to the rumors, I really DID want to come to the reunion! Thanks for taking care of Summer (and her hair) and taking that movie that she's already watched 5 times. Looks like everyone had a great time!

d.c.r.k.soptich said...

I thought I was being fast but you are the gold medal blogger...good job getting all those pictures, I should just link everyone to your blog :)

Jen said...

Thanks for taking so many pictures. I'll just send all your pictures to Costco for printing since I forgot my camera.